3/23/11

Time to get serious

As you can probably tell, getting me to stay on a healthy nutrition and fitness plan isn't easy. I start diets, usually going on a bad food binge before my official diet start date (gaining a couple of pounds before my diet even begins) only to fall off the wagon after a week or two and never get back on. I have finally realized I can't do this on my own and have enlisted the help of two great resources:

1. A fitness expert/trainer. I have started meeting with Dr. Mike Esco, a fitness expert on the faculty of Auburn University at Montgomery. I recently went through an entire health and fitness workup in his Human Performance Lab, the results of which I will share with you all later this week. Let's just say this man is a genius and I am so lucky to get to work with him. Very soon, his services will be available to the general public.

2. Weight Watchers. I have avoided WW for many years, probably because I know it works and I haven't been serious about getting in shape. This week, the Weight Watchers at Work program came to my workplace - meaning I can attend my weekly meet at work during the lunch hour. Today was my first weigh-in and I got all my materials. Starting tomorrow morning, I will be eating 41 points a day. Please share your favorite WW tips and recipes. Oh, and have you seen Jennifer Hudson lately since she joined WW? Boom Pow!

With these two amazing resources at my disposal, I have all the support I need to get in shape. No more excuses. What's more, my co-worker Lyla, my husband Tim, and my BFF Mariah have all started healthier habits recently. No more enablers or enabling. I feel like the stars have finally aligned perfectly and there is no better time for me to finally do something about my weight. No more waiting. I can do this. The time is now.

1 comment: