3/15/11

Day Two

Well it's Sunday, my "I don't have to run day," but I did loaf a bit. We drove 1.5 hours north to Homewood, Ala. to see the Harlem Globetrotters. Talk about in shape, those boys are fit! They run around doing slam-dunks (which they apparently invented, back when Michael Jordan was just a gleam in his daddy's eye), four-point shots, monster lay-ups, break dancing and moon walking...hardly even breaking a sweat! I don't think I could keep up with them for one quarter.

So today I spent two hours watching athletes work hard, while I hardly worked. I didn't even remember to wear a pedometer. Other than walking about a half-mile roundtrip from the parking garage, I didn't get any exercise today. Here's my food in-take:

Breakfast: Two vegetarian sausage biscuits (500 cals). I really need to cut back to just one, or maybe one plus a yogurt or piece of fruit.

Lunch: We stopped at Burger King on the way to Birmingham. I am really sick of "having it my way," but it's one of the only fast food restaurants that has veggie options. I gobbled a BK veggie burger (410 calories), about 10 french fries (90 calories) and a Diet Coke (0 calories). Total calories: 500

Snack: About 20 minutes outside of Birmingham we had to pull over and get a toy my son had dropped beneath the back seat. If you have children, you know my pain and will understand why I had to treat myself to a snack size M&M McFlurry at McDonalds. Calories: 430 (really? it wasn't that awesome. i could have eaten nearly 2 bags of M&Ms for the same number of cals)

Dinner/Supper: We stopped at McAlister's Deli on the way home. I had vegetarian chili (240 calories) in a bread bowl (140 cals, but I only ate about half of it: 70 cals). and half of a small garden salad with ranch dressing (140 cals). Total calories: 450

Total calories for Sunday: 1,880

Not bad, considering I dined out for most of the day, but it could have been better. If I had eaten one biscuit and a yogurt for breakfast I would have shaved off 150 calories. If I had skipped the McFlurry and eaten a bag of M&Ms instead, I would have saved about 200 calories. These two simple changes would have given me roughly the same amount of food and 350 less calories...bringing my daily intake down to a very respectable 1,530.

No comments:

Post a Comment