3/15/11

Day One

Welcome to my first blog! I am a Southern vegetarian girl who likes to eat fried green tomatoes, pimento cheese sandwiches and chocolate pecan pie - all washed down with a large glass of iced sweet tea. I am living proof that vegetarians aren't always skinny or healthy. Pass the carbs and the sweets, because I need an energy boost!

Allowing myself to eat anything and everything that didn't once breathe, I have actually packed on quite a bit of weight in the past 12 years of vegetarian living. This blog will chronicle my journey of adopting a more healthy lifestyle. I hope to eat better (without sacrificing the foods I love) and exercise more (despite my busy working mom lifestyle).

As any doctor or fitness expert will tell you, journaling about your eating and exercise habits greatly increases your chances of success. This blog is my way of staying accountable to myself, but if you're watching I am more likely to stick to it. Please read and give me advice and encouragement. If you are also trying to lose weight, share your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment