3/15/11

Day One...Later in the Day

I haven't been doing so well today food-wise.

For breakfast I had two vegetarian sausage biscuits. I made them with my own two hands - baking frozen biscuits (170 cal) and slapping a Morningstar Vegetarian Sausage patty in the middle of each (80 cal). I chased them down with half a can of Diet Coke (0 calories).

Total breakfast calories: 500

My parents visited today and me and Mom ended up vacuuming under all the living room furniture. So I got a little exercise. After shopping at a second-hand store - trying on some seriously silly Church Lady hats - I treated Mom to lunch as Shashy's Bakery. I ate the salad combo, which wasn't as healthy as it sounds. It included a scoop of pimento cheese (350 calories, perhaps?), a small fruit salad (60 cals), crackers (150 cals), a handful of plain potato chips (150 calories), a tiny sweet roll (60 cals), a small cheese biscuit (60 cals), and an unsweet tea sweetened with Splenda (0 calories).

Total lunch calories: 830

For snacks, I had a Blue Bell  cherry ice cream bar (200 calories) and some Smart Food popcorn (150 calories).

Total snack calories: 350

My husband and son wanted to go the the skate park in the evening, so while they played on their scooters I moseyed across the street to Winzell's Oyster Bar for a drink. I had a Planter's Punch/Bahama Mama style rum drink (200 cals), baked potato with no butter and a splash of sour cream (350 cals), garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette (100 calories). I should have stopped there. Honestly, I should have stopped eating after lunch. But I didn't stop, did I? No. Because by this time the alcohol had kicked in so, with my judgement impaired, I order dessert. And not just any dessert: a big hunk of chocolate cake with vanilla icecream. I was stuffed after half of it, but I kept eating because I didn't want to waste it. Calories blown? Realistically, 800.

Total dinner calories: 1,450

I did have to walk about 2 blocks roundtrip to get to the restaurant. Then, when I got home, I swept the dining room and bedroom. I'm about to go to bed and the pedometer says I took 3590 steps today.

Total daily calories: 3,130

Total exercise: Housework and 3,590 steps

 

No comments:

Post a Comment