3/17/11

Is it Friday Yet?

I'm not sure why, but my son was off kilter today.

I could NOT get him out of bed. I tried singing to him, jumping up and down on the bed, tickling, hugging and kissing him. I even got the dog involved - encouraging her to lick him in the face and snuff on him with her big, cold nose. No matter what I tried, he kept rolling over and letting out a big snore. Then I whipped out the magic words: "If you'll get up I will get you a sausage biscuit at Burger King." Well, that got him out of bed.

What's a naughty vegetarian to order for breakfast at a fast food joint? I highly recommend an egg and cheese English muffin (or "McMuffin," if you're at McDonald's). You'll shave about 120 calories off your breakfast with one of these babies versus a biscuit. And don't order hash browns unless you're at McDonald's. Their long, fritter-sized taters have about 150 calories each vs. 250 for a small order of "hash rounds" at Burger King. McDonald's hash browns, however, are sold in pairs. You better have a plan for that second one or you won't save any calories. Plan to donate it to a hungry co-worker, a homeless person, or throw it out the window.

Total breakfast calories: 300.

I didn't get around to eating lunch until 1:30 and, by then, I was starvin' Marvin. I popped in to our university's food court and got a personal size veggie pizza from Papa John's.

Total lunch calories: Around 500.

After work I got a little exercise at Zoom Zoom Car Wash, where I had to do some serious work on my messy car - particularly the back seat, where there are lots of sausage biscuit crumbs.

Fun fact: I broke my foot at Zoom Zoom Car Wash last summer, tripping over a vacuum hose whilst admiring a very attractive young couple. "Oh, they're so cute and sweet looking...whoa...crash...OUCH!" I didn't get to exercise all summer after fracturing my fifth metatarsal there.

Total steps taken: 6,866

Very pleased with myself for getting the car cleaned out, I went home to cook dinner feeling like an A student. Unfortunately, there isn't much to cook in the house so it was "breakfast for dinner" night. I had the last of the vegetarian sausage biscuits I put up in the freezer last weekend (250 calories) and a small bowl of Fruit Loops with a splash of whole milk I purchased by mistake (300 calories).

Total Dinner Calories: 550

Total Daily Calories: 1,350

Wow, that's the lowest calorie count all week. I guess St. Patrick's Day is lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment