3/19/11

Mmmm...Nutella

I am sitting here watching the Harry Potter movie marathon on ABC Family and, as Harry eats chocolate to perk up after a dementor attack, I think about how chocolate always makes me feel better when I'm stressed, sick or demented. This morning I've been eating lots of Nutella - a delicious hazelnut and cocoa spread that's better for you than chocolate, since it has protein in it from the hazelnuts. Have you ever tried it? It is scrumptious! I have eaten probably 3 tablespoons of it (100 calories per tablespoon) on Lorna Doone minis (130 x 3 packs = 390 calories). Total damage for this Saturday morning sweettooth binge? 690.

For breakfast, I had a bowl of Frootloops and whole milk. (400 calories) Feeling weak from eating nothing but sweets, I warmed up a pasta and cheese Smart One Weight Watchers frozen dinner (300 calories). I ate some carrots with ranch dressing on the side (150 calories).

I seriously need to go to the grocery store, as a lack of healthy food options has resulted in a week of fast food and junk food snarfing. I'm going to try to convince the family to go to Earth Fare with me to get some yummy organic nosh.

Total calories today so far: 1,540

No comments:

Post a Comment